Old school vegan food with a so many options! The sauce and method are modified from Splendid Table Gingered Shrimp..which is so good and can be adjusted to what you have on hand. I serve this over rice, zucchini or gluten free buckwheat noodles. Veggies and all carbs can be modified or even omitted. Super fast and healthy week night dinner.
recipeJump to Recipe
Easy, weeknight, vegan, gluten free
- 8 oz firm tofu, patted dry
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey or packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp rice or cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 small bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 2-3 mushrooms
- 1 chopped green onion
Dry off tofu and wrap in towel to absorb liquid for about 10 minutes. After, marinate with soy sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic and ginger for 10-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, add peanut oil to hot pan, saute bok choy, carrot, mushroom and any other vegetable. After 5-10 minutes, add tofu and marinate. Saute until all vegetables are soft about 5-10 minutes more.
Serve over noodles, rice or alone topped with chopped green onion